Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Oslo Norway, TTR wsc

I have just arrived in Canada after spending the last 11 days in Norway! What a beautiful country, Oslo the city I stayed in was so rad kinda small city for Europe standards but still big for me full of rad old buildings lots of art and culture so much history Oslo recently celebrated been 1000 years old cant even imagine coming from little "NEW" New Zealand.

 I went to Oslo to compete in the world snow board champs slope style event, I meet up there with the NZ snowboard team slopestyle and pipe riders it was great to see everyone and fun to ride with some fellow kiwis and good friends. I stayed with my friend Bridget a kiwi who is living and working there she was so awesome!

The contest was fun we had lots of practice days the corse was kinda big for my standard so needed them, then day of qualifiers came and it was all on sun was shinning wind was blowing :(  I rode ok my top section of my runs felt good but both my runs I crashed I was really disappointed with myself I guess the nerves got to me and the up hill wind certainly didnt help, yet still happy I got to go and be apart of the event that was an achievement in itself.
  
Bottom of slope style course
Bottom of the Pipe
On the bright side one of my best friends Shelly Gotlieb kileed it and made finals she ended up getting 5th so stoked for her! Also Bex Sinclair another ripping kiwi did awesome she got 4th in the half pipe so New Zealand did pretty well I reckon :)
Shelly in the finals killing it!!
We had dinner with the major of Oslo that was pretty cool he was super nice thanks to him Terje  Haakonson and a bunch of others the event was made possible it was held in the city hall, what an amazing building that was.
Hanging out, checking out the city hall
The whole event was a green event so environmentally friendly all food was organic trying to have as little waste as possible using buses recycling etc I thought that was an awesome way to run an event!

There was also a Quarter pipe event that was kinda like the new arctic challenge that was amazing looked massive, Terje was there killing it at the age of 37 pretty darn impressive! 

Terje the legend himself
Jamie Isabelle and I watching the QP event



I had a great time in Norway the people there were so nice will be going back there some day for sure!
Some Oslo art see the wooden man in the tree
This is a little rail park in the city just for the kids or who ever feels like jibbing pretty rad!

No comments:

Post a Comment